Medical-Grade Chemical Peels in New Jersey
As we age, our skin can lose hydration, which can oftentimes make us look older than we feel. At Plastic Surgery Arts of New Jersey, we offer medical-grade chemical peels that are designed for helping to rejuvenate dull, tired skin and erase the tell-tale signs of aging. We offer a variety of peel strengths to help patients get the chemical peel that works best for them and their skin. Used in combination with microdermabrasion or alone, chemical peels use unique plant and sugar acids to break down the chemical bond of the intercellular glue that holds the dead skin layer together. Skin looks and feels more vibrant while removing sun damage and addressing premature aging.
How does a Chemical Peel work?
Chemical peels are performed in our office at Plastic Surgery Arts of New Jersey. First, your skin is thoroughly cleansed, and numbing cream will be applied if necessary. The solution is applied to the skin and left on for a prescribed amount of time. After, a neutralizing agent will be used, and the peel is gently removed. Our aesthetician team, will be give you topical ointments and skin care to apply to the skin regularly after your treatment to sooth the skin during the healing process.
The VI Peel™
The VI Peel™ is designed to reverse the signs of aging and sun damage on skin. It contains a synergistic blend of gentle yet powerful ingredients suitable for all skin types. The Vi Peel™ effectively removes damaged layers of skin to improve the surface layer. The VI Peel™ uses a unique formula blend of trichloroacetic acid, tretinoic acid, salicylic acid, phenol, and vitamin C to promote cellular turnover and refine the skin’s surface layer. The VI Peel™ must be on the skin for at least 4 hours and then washed off. There are specific, at-home instructions for the aftercare you must follow to ensure proper healing and optimal results.
Commonly Asked Questions
Anyone who wants younger, healthier skin will benefit from a chemical peel.
- Improve the tone, texture and clarity of the skin
- Reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles and hyper-pigmentation, including melasma
- Soften lines and wrinkles
- Stimulate the production of collagen and elastin for firmer skin
- Clear acne skin conditions
The VI Peel™ represents a new generation of chemical peels unlike any others you might have experienced.
- Superior Results – for ANTI-AGING Vi PeelTM reverses the effects of sun damage, environmental factors and time to enhance your skin’s natural beauty. In addition to facial treatments, the Vi Peel™ can also be used to treat sun damage on the décolletage and hands. For ACNE – highly effective in clearing acne and impurities for patients as young as twelve years old; a series of treatments may reduce acne scars.
- Comfort – The Vi Peel™ is virtually painless. Sensitive individuals may experience a slight stinging sensation, which is controlled by use of a fan during application.
- Your treatment takes only 20 minutes or less
- No skin preparation products are needed, and minimal or no down time is required
- Healing time is also minimal – enjoy younger, more beautiful skin in about one week